Tuesday, 27 March 2007

The Choice, by Dorothy Parker.

He'd had given me rolling lands,
Houses of marble, and billowing farms,
Pearls, to trickle between my hands,
Smouldering rubies, to circle my arms.
You - you'd only a lilting song,
Only a melody happy and high,
You were sudden and swift and strong -
Never a thought for another had I.

He'd have given me laces rare,
Dresses that glimmered with frosty sheen,
Shiny ribbons to wrap my hair,
Horses to draw me, as fine as a queen.
You - you'd only to whistle low,
Gayly I followed wherever you led.
I took you, and let him go -
Someone ought to examine my head.


Choosing a partner for life is difficult.

You gotta make the right choice.

So you won't regret later.

Choose the one that is willing to take care of you when,

you're not young and pretty anymore.

Decide wisely.=)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home